Thursday, November 19, 2015

Observation Hours: Class 4

For my fourth time of being at Mrs. Lytle's class I couldn't believe how fast the hours were going. It felt like I was just starting and now I was already practically ending. The "special" class of the day was computer class. When they arrived back from computer the students who became very open to me welcomed me with a warm smile. One of the students was acting up a little bit that day and the teacher called him to the back of the class to talk to him. I was very curious as to what was going to happen in this situation. The teacher talked to him and asked him to settle down and he obeyed with her as his attitude the rest of the class was visibly more mellow. The students joined at the carpet to learn a new sound. The sound of the day was "qu" which I thought could be very challenging to learn. Actually it was the opposite for theses students, they all picked it up in an instant and it was great to see. The class also talked about stamina and how it could be involved in the way that they read a book. For the rest of my time there the class used iPads to practice the "qu" words. Also, they read a decodable that was all about "qu." Every day that I have been with the class I have seen how all of them want to learn more and want to do great things in the classroom. Mrs. Lytle definitely helps with this as you can see how committed to her job she is, and how much she truly cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment