Thursday, November 12, 2015

Blog Post 10: Blog Summary

Throughout all of my blog posts and my many classroom observation hours I have figured out that Early Childhood Education is the career that I hope to end up in. From the beginning it has been where I want to be and all my classroom experiences have just encouraged me to keep this as my intended major. My many experiences in the classroom at Wickliffe Elementary School have shown me that the teachers, and faculty love their jobs and enjoy going to work every day. One major thing that I discovered about myself is that children and my passion and I really enjoy teaching them as well as just being around them. They always have a positive attitude and children are just very creative and it is something that is amazing to witness. I do still have several concerns about the field of education as a whole. I wonder if I will be able to get a job because I know this is a field where a lot of people are fighting to get a position. Also, since I am a male I want to know if that is going to help me get a job in early childhood or if it will lower my chances. To wrap it up, keeping this blog was something that definitely helped me see my growth from the beginning on college to now, it has helped me see that this is the career for me and hopefully one day I will be lucky enough to wake up each day and go do something that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment