Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Blog Post 2: Reflection On Quote

"We do not really see with our eyes or hear through our ears, but through our beliefs." (Curtis and Carter, 2000, p. 9) I believe that this quote means everything that we believe is something that has strong meaning to us so some things that we see or hear we may not believe. One example that comes to mind is our belief in religion. If you are a Catholic and really truly believe in god then some of the things you hear you will not believe. In my house as a child my whole family was Catholic so I was raised to believe in God because of the things my family and The Bible had taught me. Today if someone was to come up to me and say something about believing in another religion I would not listen because it is my belief that God does exist and after we die we either go to Heaven or Hell. Now the other person could possibly be right maybe there is no Heaven at all but from the things I have learned in life make me believe it is real. At the end of the day it is all just perspective we all have certain beliefs that others are not going to be able to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment