Sunday, November 22, 2015

This I Believe Proposal


            In my paper I will be arguing that schools for all grade levels should be required to have students participating in a full hour of physical education every day. The reason I believe this is because there are many different health benefits that are included for students who participate in some sort of physical education. I also believe this should be a rule because it has been proven that students who do participate in some sort of exercise can have better grades in the classroom. A final reason I believe schools should have to offer physical education is because it can lead students to learn more about themselves and to also become better individuals in the real world.

            The problem with this topic is that many schools believe that physical education is just a big waste of time and is getting students out of doing “real work.” Schools don’t realize that physical education is more important than most of the classes’ students are actually taking. Many classes talk about just one thing or focus on one subject. Physical education however, covers numerous subjects throughout its course. It shows you how to be a leader in the real world. It can also show you how to live a healthier lifestyle and teach you to be a better student in the classroom. Finally, physical education teaches you about the risks of sitting in front of a television, cellphone, or computer screen all day and what can happen to you. There are many advantages to physical education that schools have simply gone blind to.

            There are many different things I hope to learn while writing this paper. I hope to learn why the faculty of schools are so against giving children a little bit of time each day to get some well needed exercise. Another thing I am interested in finding out is why the schools who do require physical education allow students to just walk during the class and not actually participate in the activity. The reason I say this is because at the high school I attended students didn’t have to play the sport we were doing all you had to do to pass the class was wear the proper uniform and walk. I find this to be a completely unsuccessful idea. I will be able to get this paper done on time because I have found very credible sources that are loaded with helpful information on my topic. I want my reader to agree that physical education is something that is important and that it is something that schools should want to provide to their students for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment